The University of Toronto Postdoctoral Fellowship program offers a prestigious opportunity for scholars to advance their research careers. Among the notable fellowships in this program is the Eric and Wendy Schmidt Postdoctoral Fellowship. This fellowship aims to support exceptional researchers by providing resources and guidance for conducting cutting-edge research at the University of Toronto.
The University of Toronto is Canada’s leading research university and the home of seminal work in artificial intelligence, from deep learning and neural networks to the interfaces between AI and the natural sciences.
From climate change to infectious disease, artificial intelligence (AI) can help us tackle the challenges that humanity faces by accelerating the pace of scientific research and development.
The University of Toronto’s Eric and Wendy Schmidt AI in Science Postdocs program boosts the work of early-career scholars in engineering, mathematics and natural science by giving them vital tools in AI.
University of Toronto Postdoctoral Fellowship Details
|Eric and Wendy Fellowship
|University of Toronto
|02 October 2023
The duration of the Postdoctoral Fellowship is Two Years.
- Applied Science
- Earth Science
- Environmental Science
- Life Science
- Physics & Many More
For More Details about fields (Click Here)
- The Eric and Wendy Schmidt Postdoctoral Fellowship at the University of Toronto offers a salary of $85,000 CDN per year.
- Fellows receive comprehensive benefits as part of the fellowship package.
- The competitive salary and benefits package aim to support fellows in their research and professional development.
- The fellowship program values the importance of providing financial stability to attract and retain talented researchers.
- Demonstrated academic excellence and leadership in the research domain.
- High potential for success in chosen fields.
- Strong synergy between the applicant, supervisor(s), and institutional research environment.
- Potential for successful adoption of AI research methodologies.
- Completion of doctoral degree requirements no earlier than January 1, 2021.
- Extended eligibility period to Jan 2020 for applicants with significant career interruptions due to parental, medical, family-related responsibilities, or research-related slowdowns/shutdowns caused by the Covid-19 pandemic within two years following PhD completion.
- International candidates: PhD completion prior to start date. Canadian citizens and permanent residents: PhD completion within 6 months of start date.
- No concurrent Postdoctoral Fellowship with the Eric and Wendy Schmidt AI in Science Postdoctoral Fellowship. Resignation from current Postdoctoral Fellowship required before accepting the award.
- Degree in a natural sciences or engineering (NSE) discipline, including computer science and mathematics. Refer to NSERC Research Subject Codes for NSE Discipline information.
- Supervisor requirement: Full-time budgetary or status-only appointment at the University of Toronto. If the primary supervisor lacks AI expertise, a co-supervisor with AI expertise is required.
Required Application Documents
a. Eric and Wendy Schmidt AI in Science Postdoctoral Fellowship Application Form
b. Research Proposal (3 pages maximum)
c. Bibliography (1-page maximum)
d. AI in Science Training Plan (1-page maximum)
e. Candidate Statement (2 pages maximum)
f. Significance of Leadership Contributions (1-page maximum)
g. Applicant’s CV
h. Two confidential letters of reference (2 pages maximum per letter)
I. Supervirouse Letter
How to Apply for the University of Toronto Postdoctoral Fellowship
The process of this fellowship is online, please check the link below to apply online or check the official announcement of the scholarship.