Singapore International Graduate Award is accepting the application for a Ph.D. degree to study in Singapore.SINGA is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR). SINGA Graduate Awards are open for all international students around the world. Singapore is the gateway to some of the fastest-growing economies in the Asia Pacific region. And with SINGA, you can pursue your Ph.D. education in Singapore, establish global links and take your research career to greater heights.
Ph.D. training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS, or SUTD. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. You can also apply for a fully-funded Ph.D. Scholarship Victoria University of Wellington Doctoral Scholarship, New Zealand
Singapore International Graduate Award Detail
|Study Level||Doctoral Degree (Ph.D.)|
|Deadline||01 Dec 2023|
The duration of the Singa scholarship is 4 Years.
No of Scholarship
The total number of scholarships is 900 or more.
Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a Ph.D. degree by either
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- The National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
Research areas under the Ph.D. Program:
- Biomedical Sciences
- Computing and Information Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Physical Sciences.
Open for all international students around the world.
The Scholarship covers the following things:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S $1,500*
- One-time settling-in allowance of S $1,000*
- Open for application by all international students
- Graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
More information on:
- A*STAR Supervisors and Projects
- NTU Supervisors and Projects
- NUS Supervisors and Projects
- SUTD Supervisors and Projects
Please note that you will be required to indicate your choice of supervisor in the application form.
The submission deadline is 1 Dec 2023.
How to Apply for this Scholarship:
The process of this scholarship is online, please check the link below to apply online or check the official announcement of the scholarship
Step 1: Browse PhD Research Projects
First, you have to search for Ph.D. Research Project. Go to the research area and Select the research project you are interested in.
Step 2: Documents Required
Prepare all the required documents in advance. You will need your documents at the time of applying. Please don’t send hard copies of your documents to SINGA office. You have to submit all the documents online with your SINGA application.
- An identification card or Passport
- A recent passport-sized photo (in .jpeg or .png format)
Step 3: Transcripts & Reports
ALL transcripts need to be in English translation.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts.
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate/scroll has not yet been conferred.
- 2 recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results. However, do note that you may be requested by the university to submit satisfactory scores as part of the university admission requirement.
Please read the important information below.
- Please ensure that the information you provide during account registration in the application portal is accurate, as the information will be used for verification upon your first log-in.
- Please ensure that you apply for the correct scholarship – “Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)” – in the application portal after logging in.
- Please do NOT mail any hard copy documents to the SINGA Office.
- Please submit your applications as early as possible. This will provide ample time for your referees to submit their online recommendation reports before the application deadline, as only applications with 2 recommendation reports will be processed.
- Please check and ensure that all data you have entered in the online application form is correct and accurate before you submit the application. Amendments to the application will NOT be possible after it is submitted.