Rutgers University has opened applications for the Presidential Postdoctoral Fellows Program in the United States of America for the 2024-2025 session. The Rutgers University Presidential Postdoctoral Fellows Program welcomes all international students from around the world to conduct research in the USA. The program offers a high annual salary along with a research grant.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is one of America’s leading public research universities. Consistently top-ranked, Rutgers offers a range of undergraduate and graduate degree programs and continuing education opportunities. Fellows will also have the opportunity to participate in meetings and workshops structured for the purposes of networking, social interaction, and supporting professional development.
Rutgers University Presidential Postdoctoral Fellows Program 2024 Details
|Fellowship Name||Presidential Postdoctoral Fellows Program|
|Deadline||October 16, 2023|
The fellowship is for Two Years.
- Fellows will receive a $65,000 annual salary, $10,000 in discretionary research funds per year, an office, computer, health benefits, and a dedicated mentor.
- Fellows will typically teach one class or equivalent during the academic year.
- Fellows will also have the opportunity to participate in meetings and workshops structured for the purposes of networking, social interaction, and supporting professional development.
Presidential Postdoctoral Fellows will be appointed in one of three priority areas of strength at Rutgers:
- Presidential Postdoctoral Fellows in Race, Racism, and Inequality will conduct research into the structural, systemic, institutional, and individual effects of racism and discrimination, both historically and today, in all domains of the humanities, social sciences, and professional schools, including but not limited to area studies, business, criminal justice, and the carceral state, families, education, environmental and climate justice, labor, law, media, public policy, urban planning, or other related fields.
- Presidential Postdoctoral Fellows in Health Equity will conduct basic clinical, translational, community-engaged, and population-based research in the biomedical sciences, social sciences, behavioral, psychological sciences, and related fields that address health inequalities, including but not limited to research on the pathogenesis, chronic disease, mental health, disease prevention and treatment, access to healthcare, and public health.
- Presidential Postdoctoral Fellows for Advancing STEM Diversity will conduct leading work in any area of the physical, biological, and biomedical sciences, earth sciences, computer sciences, engineering, or mathematics, or in areas of convergence among multiple fields that define an emergent domain of research (e.g., AI and the data sciences, computational biology, interdisciplinary climate science, etc.)
Required Application Materials:
- Cover letter describing the applicant’s education, research areas, and fields of interest.
- Rutgers University values contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion (diversity.rutgers.edu). We encourage applicants to comment (in a separate statement or in the cover letter) about how their research, teaching, and/or service in the past, present, and/or future could contribute to these values
- Curriculum vitae, including publications, awards, honors, current and pending funding (if any)
- Three letters of reference, one of which should be from the applicant’s dissertation or thesis advisor
- A Proposed Research Plan that describes what the applicant aims to achieve during the term of his /her/their appointment. Applicants should use this Plan to make any requests for specific placements at Rutgers and to explain why such a placement would be beneficial. Plans may be no longer than 3 pages, single-spaced, with one-inch margins, in 11 pt font.
- A writing sample of no more than 25 pages or a sample of prior research.
The last date to apply for the Rutgers University Presidential Postdoctoral Fellows Program is 16 Oct 2023.
How to Apply:
To apply for this fellowship you have to apply online. Please check the official link for the fellowship.