Matsumae International Foundation (MIF), Japan invites application for Post Doctoral Fellowships in Japan for international students all around the world. Upon the concept of the founder of the Matsumae International Foundation (MIF), “Towards A Greater Understanding of Japan and a Lasting World Peace”, MIF has started the Research Fellowship Program in 1980. Post Doctoral Fellowships in Japan by Matsumae International Foundation.
The Matsumae International Foundation aims to develop the future by contributing to global friendship and goodwill through our enterprise which leaves “people” connecting Japan with the rest of the world. You can also apply for 500 HUMBOLDT RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS IN GERMANY, 2020 and Global Korea Scholarship 2020 – Korean Government Scholarship
Post Doctoral Fellowships in Japan Details
|Organization||Matsumae International Foundation|
|Deadline||30 June 2020|
Eligibility for MIF Scholarship
Applicants of non-Japanese nationality who meet all of the following eligibility requirements are invited to submit the required application documents.
- Applicants must obtain a Letter of Invitation from host institutions in Japan.
- Applicants must hold a PH.D. (Doctorate) degree, or be recognized by MIF as possessing equivalent academic qualifications.
- Applicants must be at the age of 49 years old or younger at the time when documents are submitted.
- Applicants must have sufficient abilities in the English or Japanese languages.
- Applicants should not have past or current experiences of staying in Japan. (Except for short-term stay. E.g. sightseeing, conferences)
- Applicants should be in employment in their home countries and must return to their countries upon completion of their MIF fellowship tenure.
Field of Study
The research field of under MIF Fellowship:
- Natural science
Applicants indicate the period of Fellowship with the length of stay needed for the Research Project between 3 to 6 months, and commencing month and ending month between April 2020 and March 2021.
No of Fellowship
The number of fellowships is about 20 each year.
Host Institution In Japan
Applicants are free to select host institutions (university research laboratories, national research institutions or the corresponding facilities of private industry)
- Allowance for research and stay (¥220,000- per month is provided for the purpose of tuition payment, expenses for research materials, and miscellaneous living expenses)
- Air transportation
- Start-up Fund upon arrival ( ¥120,000- is provided to cover the initial costs to start new research stay in Japan)
- Application form for MIF Fellowship
- Research Proposal
- Paper Publication List
- Recommendation Letters
- Copies of Academic Certificates ( BS, MS & Ph.D.)
- Acceptance Letter from any Japan Institute
- Or any other Supporting Documents
The last date to apply in Matsumae International Foundation Fellowship is 30 June 2020
How to Apply for Scholarship
Applicants should obtain the current issue of the Fellowship Announcement from MIF. Or download the announcement from the MIF’s website and print out the Application Form in PDF-format or MS Word file.
MIF cannot entertain requests for waivers of the eligibility requirements and other conditions, listed in the Fellowship Announcement, and will not accommodate such requests.
The application must be submitted from the applicant’s home country. MIF accepts those submitted by POST. Those applications submitted electronically or via facsimile will be unacceptable.