Are you looking for a new career opportunity in Europe? Do you want to explore the beautiful and diverse country of Portugal? If yes, then you might be interested in applying for the Portugal Job Seeker Visa 2023.
The Portugal Job Seeker Visa is a special type of visa that allows you to enter Portugal and look for a job without having a prior job offer. This visa is valid for 120 days and can be extended for another 60 days if you find a suitable employer. You can apply for this visa if you are a non-EU national who meets the eligibility criteria and submits the required documents.
In this article, we will guide you through the process of applying for the Portugal Job Seeker Visa 2023. We will also provide you with some useful tips and resources to help you find your dream job in Portugal.
What are the Benefits of the Portugal Job Seeker Visa?
The Portugal Job Seeker Visa has many benefits for applicants who want to work and live in Portugal. Some of these benefits are:
- You can enter Portugal and search for a job without having a prior job offer.
- You can stay in Portugal for up to 180 days (120 days + 60 days extension) while looking for a job.
- You can travel within the Schengen area without any restrictions during your stay.
- You can apply for a residence permit if you find a job that meets the minimum salary and social security requirements.
- You can enjoy the high quality of life, culture, and climate of Portugal.
What are the Requirements for the Portugal Job Seeker Visa?
To be eligible for the Portugal Job Seeker Visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a non-EU national.
- You must have a valid passport that expires at least three months after your intended departure from Portugal.
- You must have a clean criminal record from your country of origin or residence.
- You must have sufficient financial resources to support yourself during your stay in Portugal. The minimum amount is equivalent to three times the Portuguese minimum wage (€665 x 3 = €1995 per month).
- You must have health insurance that covers medical expenses and repatriation in case of emergency.
- You must have a return ticket or proof of onward travel.
What are the Documents Required for the Portugal Job Seeker Visa?
To apply for the Portugal Job Seeker Visa, you must submit the following documents at the Portuguese embassy or consulate in your country of origin or residence:
- A completed and signed National Visa application form. You can download it from [ Click here].
- A passport-sized photo that meets the [Schengen visa photo requirements].
- Your original passport and a photocopy of its main page and previous visas (if any).
- A request for criminal record inquiry by the Portuguese Immigration and Border Services (SEF). You can download it from [Click here]. This document is not required for minors under 16 years old.
- A criminal record certificate from your country of origin or residence. It must be issued within the last three months and translated into Portuguese or English by an official translator.
- A travel insurance policy that covers medical expenses and repatriation up to €30,000. It must be valid for the entire duration of your stay in Portugal and the Schengen area.
- A copy of your return ticket or proof of onward travel.
- Proof of financial resources such as bank statements, payslips, tax returns, etc. It must show that you have enough funds to support yourself during your stay in Portugal. The minimum amount is equivalent to three times the Portuguese minimum wage (€665 x 3 = €1995 per month).
- A curriculum vitae (CV) that highlights your education, skills, and work experience. It must be updated and written in Portuguese or English.
- A motivation letter that explains why you want to work and live in Portugal. It must be written in Portuguese or English and signed by you.
Apply for the Portugal Job Seeker Visa Step-by-Step Guide:
If you have all the required documents ready, you can follow these steps to apply for the Portugal Job Seeker Visa:
Contact the embassy or consulate and book an appointment for your visa application. You can do this by phone, email, or online depending on the availability of each option.
Prepare your visa application package by arranging all your documents in order according to the checklist provided by the embassy or consulate. Make sure that all your documents are original or certified copies and translated into Portuguese or English by an official translator if needed.
Attend your visa appointment at the embassy or consulate on time. Bring your visa application package, passport, and photo with you. Pay the visa fee of €75 in cash or by card. Submit your biometric data (fingerprints and photos) if required.
Wait for the decision on your visa application. The processing time may vary depending on the embassy or consulate, but it usually takes between 15 to 30 days.
Collect your passport and visa from the embassy or consulate or have it delivered to your address by courier if available. Check your visa details and validity carefully and report any errors or discrepancies to the embassy or consulate immediately.
The Portugal Job Seeker Visa is a great opportunity for non-EU nationals who want to work and live in Portugal without having a prior job offer. By following the steps and tips outlined in this article, you can apply for this visa successfully and find your dream job in Portugal.