The University of Melbourne is accepting the application for the McKenzie Fellowships Program Postdoc Position in Australia for session 2023 for all international students from all around the world. The University will fund the Fellowships for a three-year appointment commencing at Level A.6 in the University salary band plus superannuation.
The McKenzie Postdoctoral Fellowships Program has been established to attract outstanding recent doctoral graduates to the University from around the world. The Program aims to recruit new researchers who have the potential to build and lead interdisciplinary collaborative research activities inside and across Academic Divisions. The University offers a leading and lively research environment that is internationally engaged, public-spirited, and has many outstanding areas of research strength. The Program is highly competitive, with only ten McKenzie Fellowships and one Indigenous McKenzie Fellowship available each year. You can also apply for Post Doctoral Fellowships in Japan by Matsumae International Foundation
McKenzie Fellowships Program Postdoc Position Details
|Fellowship Name||McKenzie Postdoctoral Fellowships|
|University||University of Melbourne|
|Deadline||15 May 2023|
Applicants must have been awarded a Ph.D. from a university other than the University of Melbourne by the closing date. The Ph.D. must have been awarded between 1 January 2019 and 16 July 2021.
At the time of application, applicants must not have held, or beholding, a fixed-term or continuing academic appointment at the University of Melbourne that is greater than one year. Where applicants have held multiple back-to-back fixed-term appointments, these should not be more than one year in total.
- Applicants may be drawn from any field in which the University has research strength, and must have the ability to contribute to research collaborations and programs across faculties or disciplines
- Applicants will be required to provide a declaration of support from the department/school in which they would be located if successful, but the criteria for selection will be university-based
- Assessment will take account of achievement relative to opportunity.
Eligibility Exemptions may be available for some applicants.
Also, Apply for:500 HUMBOLDT RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS IN GERMANY, 2023
- The University will fund the Fellowships for a three-year appointment commencing at Level A.6 in the University salary band plus superannuation.
- Fellows will receive an additional $25,000 to be spent on project costs over the term of their Fellowship.
- Awards will be for a maximum of three years commencing between 1 January 2021 and 30 June 2021.
- The objectives of the 2021 Program are to attract talented recent doctoral graduates in areas of research priority for the University.
- All applicants should promote research that aligns with the Research at Melbourne initiative.
- The Program is highly competitive, with only ten McKenzie Fellowships and one Indigenous McKenzie Fellowship available each year.
Review Faculty/School Processes
|Architecture, Building and Planning||Matthew Scamporlino, 61383446729, [email protected]
|EOIs due: TBC
ABP Funding Opportunities
Notification of EOI outcome: TBC
|Arts||Arts Research Office, [email protected]||EOI deadline 11.59pm Friday 1 May 2023|
|Business & Economics||Alex Campbell, +61 3 8344 5792, [email protected]|
|Engineering and Information Technology||FEIT Research Services, [email protected]||EOI deadline & Link TBC|
|Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences||Tim Crockett, 8344 4637, [email protected]||EOIs due: TBC
Applicants will be advised of the outcome of their EOI: TBC
|Law||Mas Generis, 8344 9983, [email protected]||EOI deadline 11.59pm Friday 21 April 2023|
|Science||Patrick O’Duffy, [email protected]||EOI due by 3pm 1 May 2023 (link to be provided)|
|Fine Arts & Music||Adelene Auyong, [email protected]||EOI due: Monday 24 April|
- Academic contact – Make sure you have an academic contact within your proposed host Faculty/School who is willing to support your application. Your proposed host Faculty/School can advise you as to how best to get in touch with appropriate academic contact.
- Review the funding guidelines- Read the McKenzie Fellowship guidelines.
- Complete the eligibility exemption request form- If applicable, complete the eligibility exemption request form on SmartyGrants by 28 April 2023. Please note: Not all applicants are required to submit an EER. This is only applicable if you do not meet all the eligibility criteria in the Funding Guidelines. Eligible applicants may submit an application without submitting this form.
- Complete the application form– Complete the application form and obtain the relevant signatures for submission.
- Submit the application– Submit your application via SmartyGrants by 3 pm (AEST) 23 June 2023.
- Submit written testimonials– Request your referees submit their written testimonials via email to [email protected] by 23 June 2023.
The last date to Apply for the McKenzie Fellowships Program Postdoc Position in Australia is 15 May 2023
How to Apply for a Scholarship:
The process of this scholarship is online. Please check the link below to apply online or check the official announcement of the scholarship.