The University of Melbourne is currently accepting applications for the McKenzie Fellowships Program Postdoctoral Position 2024 in Australia, open to international students from around the world. The University will provide funding for the Fellowships, with a three-year appointment commencing at Level A.6 in the University salary band, plus superannuation.
The McKenzie Postdoctoral Fellowships Program has been established to attract outstanding recent doctoral graduates to the University from across the globe. The program aims to recruit new researchers who have the potential to build and lead interdisciplinary collaborative research activities within and across Academic Divisions.
The University offers a leading and vibrant research environment that is internationally engaged, and public-spirited, and boasts numerous outstanding areas of research strength. The program is highly competitive, with only ten McKenzie Fellowships and one Indigenous McKenzie Fellowship available each year.
McKenzie Fellowships Program Postdoc Position 2024 Details
|McKenzie Postdoctoral Fellowships
|University of Melbourne
|07 May 2024
- Applicants for the year 2025 must hold a Ph.D. in any discipline from a university in any country, including Australia and the University of Melbourne.
- The completion of degree requirements should not precede 1 February 2021.
- Candidates must be prepared to commence their fellowship by 30 June 2025.
- Applicants should not have previously held or completed a McKenzie or Melbourne Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- Candidates must not have any outstanding Progress Reports or Final Reports from any other University of Melbourne researcher development scheme.
- The University will fund the Fellowships for a three-year appointment commencing at Level A.6 in the University salary band plus superannuation.
- Fellows will receive an additional $25,000 to be spent on project costs over the term of their Fellowship.
- Awards will be for a maximum of three years.
- All applicants should promote research that aligns with the Research at Melbourne initiative.
- The Program is highly competitive, with only ten McKenzie Fellowships and one Indigenous McKenzie Fellowship available each year.
Review Faculty/School Processes
- Architecture, Building and Planning
- Business & Economics
- Engineering and Information Technology
- Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
- Fine Arts & Music
- Academic contact – Make sure you have an academic contact within your proposed host Faculty/School who is willing to support your application. Your proposed host Faculty/School can advise you as to how best to get in touch with appropriate academic contact.
- Review the funding guidelines- Read the McKenzie Fellowship guidelines.
- Complete the eligibility exemption request form- If applicable, complete the eligibility exemption request form on SmartyGrants by 8 March 2024. Please note: Not all applicants are required to submit an EER. This is only applicable if you do not meet all the eligibility criteria in the Funding Guidelines. Eligible applicants may apply without submitting this form.
- Complete the application form– Complete the application form and obtain the relevant signatures for submission.
- Submit the application– Submit your application via SmartyGrants by 3 pm (AEST) 14 June 2024.
- Submit written testimonials– Request your referees submit their written testimonials via email to [email protected] by 14 June 2024.
The last date to Apply for the McKenzie Fellowships Program Postdoc Position in Australia is 07 May 2024
How to Apply for a Scholarship:
The process of this scholarship is online. Please check the link below to apply online or check the official announcement of the scholarship.