Are you considering a new adventure in Japan, a land of rich culture and endless opportunities? Securing a work visa might be your ticket to a fulfilling journey. With its aging population and increasing demand for foreign talent, Japan is actively welcoming individuals from around the world to join its workforce.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through the straightforward and accessible Japan work visa process for 2023, complete with visa sponsorship job opportunities.
Why Japan? The Need for Foreign Workers
Japan, known for its technological advancements and picturesque landscapes, is facing a demographic challenge due to an aging population. To address this, Japan has plans to welcome around 500,000 foreign workers by 2025. This presents a golden opportunity for individuals seeking to experience life in this unique country.
Types of Japanese Work Visas 2023
There are two main types of Japanese work visas, each with its own categories:
1. Highly Skilled Professional Visa
- Highly Skilled Professional (i) (a)/(b)/(c): Designed for individuals engaged in advanced academic research or specialized technical activities. Valid for 5 years.
- Special Highly Skilled Professional: Requires a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and experience in the field.
- Highly Skilled Foreign Professional: For those with advanced skills and experience.
2. Japan Working Visa
This ordinary work visa is available to many foreign workers and doesn’t require prior work experience. It can be issued for 1, 3, or 5 years.
Eligible Professions for Japanese Working Visa
Japan offers working visas for a range of professions, including but not limited to:
- English teacher
- Military personnel
- Service staff
- IT Professional
- School Teacher
- English Speaking
- Religious activities
- Business managers
- Legal/accounting services
- Medical services
- Specialists in humanities/international services
- Intra-company transferees
- Nursing care
- Skilled labor
- Specified skilled workers
- Technical intern training
Application Process: Step by Step
- Obtain Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Secure a job offer from a Japanese company.
- Submit necessary documents to your employer for COE application.
- Apply for Japan Work Visa at the Embassy
- Find the nearest Japanese embassy, consulate, or permanent mission.
- Gather required documents, including passport, visa application form, photograph, COE, job offer letter, and educational documents.
- Submission and Processing
- Submit your visa application and required documents.
- Expect a response within 5-6 working days.
- Visa costs vary: around 3000 JPY for single entry, 6000 JPY for multiple entries, payable upon approval.
Visa Sponsorship Jobs in Japan
Numerous visa sponsorship job opportunities await in Japan. Here are some websites to kick-start your job search:
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA): https://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/long/index.html
- Japan Immigration Website: https://www.moj.go.jp/isa/
Japan’s work visa process for 2023 is an accessible gateway to exploring this fascinating country while contributing your skills to its workforce. With the option of visa sponsorship jobs across various sectors, you can embark on a new chapter in your career journey. Embrace the opportunity and take the first steps towards your Japan adventure!