Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology Scholarship in Korea in Spring 2023 is now open. 300 GIST Korea Scholarships available for Masters/MPhil and Ph.D. and MS leading to Ph.D. for Spring 2023 The GIST International Scholarship in Korea is offering Master Degree Programs, Ph.D. Degree Programs, for all international students all around the world
The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology is a research-oriented university focused on science and technology that is located in Gwangju, South Korea. South Korean Universities are in competition with US Universities.
All the Expenses will be covered by GIST University. The Normal Duration of the GIST Master Scholarship is 2 years, while for GIST Ph.D. The scholarship is 4 years. The Gwangju University scholarship covers most of the academic fields of study.
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology Scholarship Details:
|University||Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST)|
|Study Level||Master & Ph.D|
|Deadline||15 Oct 2022|
GIST Korea University Scholarship Benefits
Tuition Assistance (All students): Tuition Fully Supported: 3,415,000 won per semester
Monthly Stipends (All International Students):
- Student Allowance: 140,000 won per month for M.S. students, 295,000 won per month for Ph.D. students
- Meal allowance: nearly 100,000 won per month
※Students should have completed at least 9 credits in the previous semester for the above two.
- International student allowance: 120,000 won per month. GPA of 3.0 or higher (out of 4.5) in the previous semester
Research Assistantship (All students participating in research projects):
- 4,820,000 won per year of M.S.
- 11,480,000 won per year of Ph.D.
Health Insurance (All International Students)
- 60% of the Korean National Health Insurance fee is supported.
- Annual Medical checkup
Flight Reimbursement (All Incoming International Students)
- Reimbursement for a one-way flight to Korea
GIST University Study Programs
- Master of Science Program (M.S.)
- Doctor of Philosophy Program (Ph.D.)
- Integrated M.S. and Ph.D. Program (M.S./Ph.D.)
GIST offers M.S., Ph.D., and integrated M.S. and Ph.D. degree programs. It normally takes two years to finish an M.S. program and four years for a Ph.D. program.
The maximum completion times for the M.S., Ph.D., and M.S./Ph.D. programs are three years, seven years, and eight years respectively.
- School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Life Science
- Department of Chemistry
- School of Integrated Technology
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering
- Department of Physics and Photon Science
- Department of Biomedical Science and Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence Graduate School
- Statement on Application Documents Submission
- Certificate of Bachelor’s Degree or Bachelor’s Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree Transcript
- Certificate of Master’s Degree or Master’s Diploma
- Master’s Degree Transcript
- Two letters of Recommendation
- Applicant’s Passport Copy
- Applicants from all around the world can apply with any nationality
- Must hold a Bachelors’s Degree if applying to a Master’s Program.
- Must hold a Masters’s Degree if applying to the Doctoral Program.
The last date to apply for the (GIST) Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology Scholarship Spring 2023 is 15 Oct 2022
How to Apply for the GIST Korea Scholarship
The process of this scholarship is online. Please check the link below to apply online or check the official announcement of the scholarship.