Greece, a stunning EU country within the Schengen state, extends a warm invitation to non-EU nationals to explore work opportunities through its Greece Work Visa program in 2023. Simplified akin to Italy’s Seasonal Work Visa, the Greece Work Visa combines the residence permit and work permit into a single document, granting individuals the right to work. In this article, we will guide you through the Greece Work Visa Process for 2023, encompassing various visa types, requirements, and promising opportunities.
Understanding Greece Work Visas 2023
- Greece Residence Permit: This is your key to legal residence in Greece. Initially issued for one year, it can be renewed, and both applicants and their employers can initiate the application process.
- Greece Long Stay (Type D) Visa: This visa permits travelers to enter Greece once their residence permit application is approved. Upon arrival in Greece, they can collect their residence permit within 30 days.
Also Check: Germany Visa Sponsorship Jobs 2023 – High Salary
Types of Greece Work Permits
- Greece Employment Visa: Ideal for employees seeking to work for any Greek employer, this type of visa requires a valid employment contract with a minimum duration of one year.
- Greece Seasonal Work Visa: Seasonal workers can work for up to six months per year in Greece. They should apply for a Long Stay Type D Visa once they secure a seasonal job offer.
- Greece Self-Employed Visa: Designed for those planning to start a business in Greece.
Requirements for Greece Work Visa
To obtain a Greece Long Stay Visa, the following requirements must be fulfilled:
- A signed copy of the employment contract.
- Fully completed D visa application form in English or Greek.
- Passport valid for at least 3 months beyond the D visa’s expiration date.
- Copies of the data page and residence permit.
- A recent passport-size color photo not older than six months.
- Travel medical insurance valid for the D visa period.
- A medical fitness certificate.
- A copy of the applicant’s criminal record.
Application Process for Greece Work Visa
- Find a Job in Greece: Explore employment opportunities on reputable job websites.
- Apply for a Visa: Visit the Greek embassy or consulate in your home country and submit all required documents with the visa application.
- Residence Permit: After your arrival in Greece, apply for a residence permit.
Greece Work Visa Processing Time
The processing time for your visa application is approximately 30 days.
Greece Nomad Visa (No Job Offer Required)
The Greece Nomad Visa is designed for freelancers or remote workers. It does not require a job offer from a Greek employer. This visa is initially valid for one year and is also known as the Greek digital nomad visa.
Greece Nomad Visa Requirements
- Non-EU citizenship.
- A monthly salary of at least €3,500.
Greece Citizenship Programs (Golden Visa Program)
The Greek government offers Golden Visa programs for individuals interested in obtaining Greek citizenship through investment or real estate. Two key programs include:
- Greece Residence by Investment: With a minimum real estate investment of EUR 250,000, this program offers free movement in Greece and the Schengen Area, no residency requirement, and eligibility for citizenship after seven years of residence.
- Greece Real Estate: This program provides information on acquiring premium real estate in Greece and its connection to the Greece Golden Visa Program.
In conclusion, Greece offers a diverse range of work visa options, from traditional employment visas to unique opportunities like the Nomad Visa and the enticing Golden Visa Program.
As of 2023, the Greece Work Visa Process is relatively straightforward, making it an attractive destination for those seeking work and residence in the European Union. Explore these opportunities and embark on your journey to experience the charm of Greece. For more details, please refer to the official Greece Employment Visa website and the Greece Real Estate Program.