For those aspiring to work in the enchanting landscapes of Finland, a residence permit is the key to this opportunity. In 2023, the Finnish government streamlined the process, making it easier for non-EU nationals to secure a permit for employment. This article will provide you with detailed insights into the Finland Residence Permit Process, eligible occupations, requirements, and additional resources to help you in your journey to Finland.
Finland Residence Permit Process 2023 Eligible Occupations
Finland offers a range of opportunities for foreign workers in various occupations. Whether you are a chef, construction worker, gardener, or care assistant, Finland’s diverse job market caters to a multitude of professions. Below is a list of some eligible occupations:
- Insulation worker
- Construction worker
- Farm worker
- Lorry driver, truck driver
- Care Assistant
- Domestic worker
Residence Permit Details
A Finland Residence Permit is a valuable document that grants employed individuals the right to work in Finland under their Finnish employer. Here are some essential details regarding this permit:
- Processing Time: The residence permit application process typically takes around 2 months.
- Eligible Age: Applicants should be between 18-34 years of age to apply for a residence permit.
- Cost: The cost of a Finnish Residence Permit is €490 when applying online, or €740 if opting for the paper application.
- Visa Duration: Once granted, the residence permit is valid for 2 years.
For those looking to start their application, you can apply for the Residence Permit Click here.
An exciting prospect for those living in Finland is the chance to apply for permanent residency after residing in the country for 4 years. This path provides the opportunity to make Finland your long-term home.
Also Check: Germany Visa Sponsorship Jobs 2023 – High Salary
Finland Type D Visa
In June 2023, the Finnish government introduced a fast-track work visa known as the “Finland D Visa.” To obtain this visa, you must secure a job offer from a certified Finnish employer. The process is expedited, with the visa typically issued within 10 days of approval.
Eligibility Requirements for the Finland Type D Visa:
- A job offer letter from a Finnish employer.
- Adequate qualifications and education for the desired job in Finland.
- Minimum salary requirement of EUR 1,331 per month, as per the year 2023.
For a list of certified employers and further information, you can visit the official source Click here.
When applying for a residence permit or the Finland Type D Visa, you’ll need the following documents:
- A valid passport.
- Passport photos.
- Copies of passport pages containing personal data (in color).
- Copies of all passport pages with notes (in color).
- Documentation proving your legal residency in the country where you are applying.
Also Check: Belgium Seasonal Work Permit Process 2023
To initiate the application process for a residence permit, follow these steps:
- Fill out the online application form Click here.
- Pay the application fee.
- Have your employer add your terms of employment and other necessary documents to your application using the Enter Finland for Employers platform.
- Book an appointment at the Finnish Embassy [here](link to the embassy’s booking page).
- Wait for the decision on your residence permit.
Finland offers a gateway to a vibrant job market for non-EU nationals in various occupations. The 2023 Finland Residence Permit Process and the introduction of the Finland Type D Visa make it easier for individuals to fulfill their dreams of working in this picturesque Nordic country. With the right documentation and a certified employer, your Finnish adventure is closer than you might think.