Applications are now open for ETH Zurich Postdoctoral Fellowships 2024 in Switzerland for International students. The ETH Zurich Postdoctoral Fellowship program (ETH Fellows) supports incoming postdoctoral researchers at ETH Zurich. The program is intended to foster young researchers who have already demonstrated scientific excellence in the early stages of their careers.
The fellowships are intended as early support towards academic independence, hence priority will be given to applicants who propose their own projects. Thus, it is important that applicants come up with their own ideas and draft the application themselves, and that the applicant and mentor have not closely collaborated prior to the fellowship.
ETH Zurich Postdoctoral Fellowships Details
|Fellowship Name||ETH Zurich Postdoctoral Fellowships|
|Deadline||1 March 2024|
The duration of an ETH Fellowship is two years and cannot be prolonged.
All available research areas in ETH Zurich
The fellowship covers the fellow’s salary (100%, based on ETH standards). As of 2024, the following rates apply:
|Year||Gross salary||Total rates|
|1||CHF 91,280||CHF 105,000|
|2||CHF 95,860||CHF 110,200|
|Total||CHF 185,140||CHF 215,200|
The total rates must be used for budgeting. They include 15.0% social security contributions to be paid by ETH Zurich.
ETH Fellows are also entitled to CHF 10,000 per year for research expenses, including travel/mobility allowances and research cost contributions. The budget allocated for travel and research costs may not be used to cover salary costs, and vice versa.
- At the time of the submission deadline, applicants must hold a doctorate (PhD) or will complete their doctorate within the next six months.
- Applicants with the doctorate (PhD) must have obtained it a maximum of two years prior to the submission deadline. The decisive date is the date of the examination or viva voce.
- Applicants who have not yet completed their doctorate must submit a certification of the planned date of their defense signed by the advisor or department chair. The examination or viva voce must have been completed by the time the fellowship is started.
- Applicants need to have at least one scientific publication in a peer-reviewed journal or have been awarded a prize for their doctoral thesis.
The deadline for ETH Zurich Postdoctoral Fellowships 2024 is 01 March 2024
How to Apply:
- Applications have to be made jointly by the candidate and the potential host, who must be an ETH Zurich professor and willing to act as the mentor of the fellow.
- There must be convincing synergies between the host (group) and the ETH fellow.
- The fellowships are intended as early support towards academic independence, hence priority will be given to applicants who propose their own projects.
- Thus, it is important that applicants come up with their own ideas and draft the application themselves and that the applicant and mentor have not closely collaborated prior to the fellowship.
- Applications should be submitted electronically using the dedicated online system.
- The documents to be attached are listed in the submission instructions (PDF, 414 KB).
For Contact- For further information on the ETH Zurich Postdoctoral Fellowship program please contact [email protected].