Are you looking for a unique opportunity to pursue your postgraduate studies in a diverse and vibrant country? Do you want to experience the rich culture and history of Colombia while advancing your academic and professional goals? If yes, then you should apply for the Colombia Government Scholarship 2023-24 for International Students.
This scholarship program is funded by the ICETEX, an institution of the Colombian state that promotes higher education and gives aid to foreign citizens. It is aimed at foreigners who wish to advance their postgraduate studies in Colombia, as well as for foreigners from non-Spanish-speaking countries who need to strengthen the Spanish language for postgraduate studies in Colombia. Also, Check Koc University Turkey Scholarship Spring 2023 For Masters & PhD
Colombia Government Scholarship Details
|12 June 2023
|Up to 18 months (3
|Up to 24 months (4
|Up to 48 months (8
Scholarship Coverage and Benefits
This scholarship program is fully funded, which means that it will cover all expenses related to your postgraduate studies in Colombia. These include:
- Tuition fees: The scholarship will cover 100% of the tuition fees charged by Colombian universities (only for academic programs found in the catalog of this call).
- Health insurance: The scholarship will provide wide coverage in medical assistance only in Colombia, during the period of your studies.
- Living allowance: The scholarship will grant a monthly allowance equivalent to 3 minimum monthly legal salaries ($ 2,484,348 Colombian pesos) to cover your living expenses.
- Books and materials: The scholarship will grant a one-time payment of $401.321 COP for books and materials at the beginning of your academic program.
- Installation expenses: The scholarship will grant a one-time payment of $425.400 COP for installation expenses at the beginning of your studies.
- Visa: The scholarship will cover the cost of your visa issued by the Colombian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
As you can see, this scholarship program is very generous and comprehensive. It will allow you to focus on your studies without worrying about financial issues.
Also, Check: How to Use ChatGPT to Summarize a Research Paper
The first point to consider is the eligibility criteria for the scholarship program. To qualify for this scholarship, you must fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of a foreign country. You must not have Colombian nationality or any marital or de facto relationship in Colombia.
- Not be older than 50 years old.
- Have a professional, undergraduate, or graduate degree in any area of knowledge.
- Have an average of 4.0 out of 5.0 or its equivalent in the Colombian scale to apply for the call.
- Have admission to at least one graduate program that is in the Catalog of Academic Offer General Call 2023-24. You can apply for up to three-degree programs.
- Have a sufficient level of Spanish language proficiency if you are applying for a program taught in Spanish. You can also apply for a free Spanish language course before starting your postgraduate studies.
|June 12th 2023
|Evaluation and selection
|June 15th to Jume
|June 22nd 2023
|Start of studies in Colombia
|To be Confirmed
Application Process and Timeline
To apply for this scholarship, you need to follow these steps:
- Find a graduate program that suits your interests and qualifications. You can browse through the catalog of academic offers in general call 2023-24 to see the available programs and universities.
- Apply for admission to the chosen program directly with the university. You need to submit all the required documents and meet all the admission criteria of the university. You can apply for up to three programs.
- Obtain a letter of admission from the university. The letter should indicate the name of the program, the duration, the tuition fees, and the start date.
- Fill out the online application form for the scholarship on the ICETEX website. You need to register as a user and provide your personal and academic information.
- Submit all the required documents for the scholarship along with your online application form. These include:
- A copy of your passport
- A copy of your academic degree
- A copy of your academic transcript
- A copy of your letter of admission
- A letter of recommendation from an academic or professional authority
- A certificate of Spanish language proficiency (if applicable)
- An academic essay arguing the importance of your studies in Colombia