Alfred Deakin Postdoctoral Research Fellowship is a prestigious scholarship program that paves the way for early career researchers to make groundbreaking contributions to their respective fields. This fellowship, a tribute to Alfred Deakin, one of Australia’s most influential political figures, provides a beacon of opportunity for budding scholars, offering them a platform to propel their research to global recognition.
The Alfred Deakin Postdoctoral Research Fellowships are intended to build research and innovation capability and excellence and create impact in strategic priority research strengths at Deakin University.
Alfred Deakin Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2024 Details
|Fellowship Name||Alfred Deakin Postdoctoral Research Fellowship|
|Deadline||14 July 2023|
Applicants must have been awarded a Ph.D. on or after 1 January 2020 or, together with allowable career interruptions, have an award of the Ph.D. date that would be commensurate with a Ph.D. Award Date of 1 January 2020.
The Alfred Deakin Postdoctoral Research Fellowship spans a period of two years, during which fellows are provided with a competitive salary ranging from $92,891 to $123,739 annually.
- Expressions of Interest (EOI) are now open for the 2024 Alfred Deakin Postdoctoral Research Fellowship (ADPRF). The Alfred Deakin Institute for Citizenship and Globalisation (ADI) will have its own assessment panel and will therefore manage its own EOI process.
- The Alfred Deakin Postdoctoral Research Fellowships are intended to build research and innovation capability and excellence to create impact, in strategic priority research strengths at Deakin University.
- The Fellowships support and develop early career researchers identified as potential rising stars, aiming to enhance the capacity and capability in key research areas and build the next generation of high-achieving and internationally competitive researchers.
- Please note EOI is only necessary for applicants who wish to be hosted at ADI. Otherwise, please refer to the official Deakin ADPRF website or contact Alfred Deakin PR Fellows ([email protected]) for further questions.
List of Contacts: Faculties
Faculty of Arts and Education
|Arts & Education||[email protected]||deakin.edu.au/students/faculties|
|School of Communication|
& Creative Arts
|School of Education||[email protected]||deakin.edu.au/education/research|
|School of Humanities|
& Social Sciences
Faculty of Business and Law
|Business and Law||[email protected]||deakin.edu.au/buslaw|
|Deakin Business School||[email protected]||deakin.edu.au/business/research|
|Deakin Law School||[email protected]||deakin.edu.au/law/research|
Faculty of Health
|School of Exercise &|
|School of Health & Social Development||[email protected]||deakin.edu.au/health-social-development/research|
|School of Medicine||[email protected]||deakin.edu.au/medicine/research|
|School of Nursing|
|School of Psychology||[email protected]||deakin.edu.au/psychology/our-research|
Faculty of Science, Engineering & Built Environment
& Built environment
|School of Architecture|
& Built Environment
|School of Engineering||[email protected]||deakin.edu.au/engineering/research|
|Schools of Information|
|School of Life|
& Environmental Sciences
|Stage & Event||Date|
|EOI Stage: ADI EOI open||Monday 29 May 2023|
|EOI Stage: ADI EOI close||Friday 14 July 2023|
|Application Stage: ADPRF applications open||Monday 3 July 2023|
|Application Stage: ADPRF applications close||11.55pm on Wednesday 30 August 2023 (AEST)|
|Commencement Stage: First date for ADPRF to commence||Monday 3 January 2024|
|Commencement Stage: Final date for ADPRF to commence||Friday 29 March 2024|
How to Apply for the Alfred Deakin Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
- Read the 2024 Alfred Deakin Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Guidelines, Instructions, and Conditions of Award.
- Complete the EOI form located here.
- Send the completed EOI form and Career Interruptions Calculator (if used) to [email protected]